chat

discussion

Just checking....Is this project still alive?

Started by bfurn4s
Default_user
over 3 years ago

Is this still a viable project....still active?

Default_user
over 3 years ago
DZM

It is! The science team is actually having a chat with Zooniverse next week to figure out a plan going forward.

I know there aren't many people here, but we're definitely still taking data, and appreciate your help!! :-)

Default_user
about 3 years ago

There seem to be a lot of sounds that don't fall neatly under machine or insect.... I've heard what sound like frogs and car radios or people talking! Where are the recorders located - are they in a suburb somewhere cos there's an AWFUL lot of machine noise.

Default_user
almost 2 years ago

Hi! I'm not allowed passed "Tutorial" Has the data-collection ended ? Will you let me in ?

Default_user
almost 2 years ago

Why don't you provide a sensible presentation of the project status before we go through the effort of training ourselves?!

You could put a project status message front and center on the home page of batdetective.org but right now you encourage us in big bold text to "Get searching." Specifically it reads: "Bat Detective is on a World Tour! We're currently in Japan. Get searching."

Better yet, you could accurately list your project as "paused" on zooniverse.org rather than "active."

It's sort of annoying to spend a half hour reading through your project and another 15 minutes learning the sounds only to make it through the tutorial, only to discover we have no way to make a contribution and no indication of when we might in the future!

Please Log In to make comments.