help

discussion

Frequency Vertical. Bits of Sound Horizontaly

Started by Gimley88
Default_user
about 6 years ago

Ok here are my problems.

1) I did not see the tutorial so can I get back to it?

2) After listening to a recording I left click and hold and a box forms that I can enlarge verticaly, so I suspect that this is the frequency marker as in step one. How do I mark the individual sounds as all that happens on my screen is that if the curser is over the sonogram and I left click, another box opens that fills the full width of the sonogram, so it has no relationship to the horizontal position of a noise on the sonogram? If I left click outside the sonogram the curser turns into the four arrowed curser but does not do anything in the sonogram nor leave any type of marker to indicate that I have recorded the position of a sound in the sonogram.

Gimley88

Default_user
about 6 years ago

Hi Gimley,

1) I get the tutorial box every time I visit BD.org! Do you not see this? I think the first box mainly says 'Welcome!' but then moves through the tutorial if you click a 'next' button ...

2) After you've marked the frequency range (and before you click the identification buttons) you should only be able to mark calls horizontally within this frequency range that you've highlighted. If you are marking the frequency range and then directly after (without doing anything else) able to mark calls outside of this box, then something is wrong! Once you've marked the frequency range and the calls within (if applicable) then you can select your identifications. Then hit 'Save Selection' and your ID has been submitted.

The only thing I can think of is perhaps your web browser ... how recently has it been updated?

Default_user
about 6 years ago

Thanks Kim

Yep good old IE 8 not up to the job but as I am still on XP I can't upgrade to IE 9 so I'm trying Chrome and it works just great.

Regards Gimley

Default_user
about 6 years ago

Fantastic! Sorry that you can't use IE8 though ...

Please Log In to make comments.