help

discussion

New member - Rookie!

Started by Cliff Jones
Default_user
almost 3 years ago

Where is the Field Guide referred to on the website? Like a previous question I cannot find a tutorial. I have a bat detector but am not conversant with its use. From my first day as a member I fear I'm not likely to be of much use to you!

Cliff Jones

Default_user
almost 3 years ago
DZM

Hey Cliff! Welcome to the project. I'm going to point someone with experience on this project in your direction; hopefully she'll be able to help you out. Give it a couple of days and hopefully she'll have a chance to get back to you!

Default_user
almost 3 years ago

The Field Guide is on the same page as the classification interface, just scroll down.

As for the tutorial, try signing out of the Zooniverse. (From here, click the 'Return to Bat Detective' link, and then click the icon on the top left side, it will show bar where you can sign out.) The tutorial should show up for all non signed in users as the first thing they see! Once you've done that you can sign back in so you can track how many clips you've listened to.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

I, too, find instructions lacking. I would really like to help with this.

Default_user
over 2 years ago
rorygibb in response to dostempranos

dostempranos:

I, too, find instructions lacking. I would really like to help with this.

Hi dostempranos,

Thanks for getting involved - have you tried the tutorial on the Classify page? If you head to the Classify page on Bat Detective (http://www.batdetective.org/#!/classify) and click the "Restart Tutorial" button just underneath the main window, it will take you through a description of how to classify what you're hearing in the clip. Hopefully that should help to explain how it works and what you're looking and listening for. A set of instructions has also been posted on the British Science Association blog this week too: http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/blog/bat-detective-lend-us-an-ear

Thanks, let us know if you have any problems or if there's anything you'd like to flag up.

Please Log In to make comments.