help

discussion
Default_user
over 2 years ago

I can't hear any sound at all. I have my volume turned up to max - no joy. Used headphones with volume at max - again no joy. My hearing isn't what it used to be, but I'm not sure that's the issue as I can't hear anything with the mechanical sounds either.

Default_user
over 2 years ago
dod

Yep, me also, just tried to use this service, but I also have no sound?

Default_user
over 2 years ago
smj

Same. Using Chrome. Is there an issue? Unfortunate when request for classifications came out 2 hours ago.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Same here. Tried on both Chrome and Edge. No sound.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Hi all, sorry about this, we've recently started having this problem too and are looking into it. In the meantime, we've found that the sound is working ok on Firefox, but we'll hopefully have the issue resolved shortly. Thanks for flagging it up.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Me too :( It's bad timing given the call for help with classifying for Science Week - anyone reported this at all to the developers?PowersThatBe please?

Used Chrome and Firefox & Windows7

HAVE POSTED THIS ON ZOONIVERSE TALK: https://www.zooniverse.org/talk/17/43966 to seek help :D

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Mac OSX (current version), Firefox, Safari, Chrome:

No Sound; clicking 'play' buttons does not work.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Tried chrome and firefox - no sounds, play button doesn't do anything.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

I am getting no sound as well I'd say it's an administration website issue seeing how so many are having the same problem on or about the same time / day. I used Chrome and Safari on a Macbook to no avail. Would loved to have helped while I had some time. I'll try to come back another time if I remember lol That's the good thing about getting emails it reminds me to have a look or listen as is the case here.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Same here – clicking on the play button does nothing whatsoever, in either Safari or Firefox.

And I agree with avastmh about the timing being particularly bad.

Is it worth us trying to classify things visually? If not, you may need to put something up on the home page to let people know that it’s temporarily out of action. Otherwise you’re going to get a lot of frustrated users.

Please Log In to make comments.