help

discussion

Instructions needed

Started by dostempranos
Default_user
over 2 years ago

I have no idea how to "mark" the sounds. I cannot find the field manual. Also, I repeatedly have to sign in, even though I have not signed out. Very confusing. The tutorial is almost no help at all. Thanks.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Hi, I've just replied to your other comment, didn't see this. To mark the sounds you should just need to use your cursor to draw a frequency band and then a box around them, in the main classify window. If that's not working it could be worth trying a different net browser, in the first instance. But we were also experiencing some tech problems last night so it might be a tech issue (which seems potentially likely given that you're having sign-in trouble) - we're aware of that and looking into it at the moment. Thanks.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Also, the reference guide for what you're looking for sound-wise -- bats, insects, mechanical noises -- should be just under the main window on the Classify page if you scroll down. If it's not showing up then I'd definitely suggest trying a different net browser.

Default_user
over 2 years ago
Perlo121 in response to rorygibb

Yes, I'm having same problem today - the cursor is not highlighting the frequency. Which browser do you recommend? I'm a safari user normally and that works perfectly well on other Zooniverse projects.

Helen

rorygibb:

Hi, I've just replied to your other comment, didn't see this. To mark the sounds you should just need to use your cursor to draw a frequency band and then a box around them, in the main classify window. If that's not working it could be worth trying a different net browser, in the first instance. But we were also experiencing some tech problems last night so it might be a tech issue (which seems potentially likely given that you're having sign-in trouble) - we're aware of that and looking into it at the moment. Thanks.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

I've had no problems on either chrome or firefox on my windows machine.

Default_user
over 2 years ago
avastmh in response to dostempranos

dostempranos:

I have no idea how to "mark" the sounds. I cannot find the field manual. Also, I repeatedly have to sign in, even though I have not signed out. Very confusing. The tutorial is almost no help at all. Thanks.

Had exactly the same problem dostempranos. :( And I found the tutorial not as helpful as it could be. I suspect that this probably puts off folks who might otherwise drop in to do a few minutes now and then :( I CHANGED FROM GOOGLE CHROME TO Internet Explorer, and now I CAN mark those sections of the frequency chart, and get the noises. After going through the examples in the lower section of the classification screen I think I've just about got there. WHY zooniverse projects don't have a video of someone working through the tutorial as part of the tutorial, I just don't know :(

Anyway I hope that bat detective does well because they certainly are wonderful creatures :)

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Hi all, firstly thanks so much for getting involved. Apologies for the browser issues, inconvenient timing that's for sure, but we're looking into it - some of the major issues seem to be happening with Chrome, so if it's Chrome you're struggling with then we've found things have mostly been working ok with Firefox and Safari.

Please Log In to make comments.