help

discussion

Sounds not playing.

Started by pthomas745
Default_user
over 2 years ago

Windows 7, Firefox, no bat sounds on this bat channel.

Every other sound type thing I've done today with this computer works just fine, thanks.

But, not here.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Hi there,

I can confirm that it works on both chrome and firefox on my version of windows 7. It also work on chrome on my ubuntu machine.

It could be an issue with your flash audio player. Maybe confirm that that works on some other sites.

Good luck!

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Nope, not flash.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

I haven't got a "PLAY" button to press! Using Chrome and Vista. Can anyone help?

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Win 7 Firefox sound does not play and play in the example is grayed out and does nothing.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Also having trouble, also Win7/Firefox.

FireFox just updated (45.0)

Flash just updated (Adobe/ Shockwave, ver 21.0.0.182)

Trying to invoke "play" with little triangle, just below, left corner, sonogram. Trinangle changes to vertical parallel bars ("pause"), but yellow line does not progress across sonogram.

Also updated VLC add-on, just in case. Everything is now showing as "up to date" under Firefox add-ons.

Experienced computer user/ troubleshooter.

Can play samples.

===

After extensive pfaffing about... now the tutorial "works". Completed it... twice. Multiple restarts. Cache cleared. Still cannont play new sounds.

===

Condor and Plankton working... of course, neither involve video.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

I have Windows 7/Firefox and sound also not working, I rebooted and it did not fix the problem. The tutorial works, I can hear that fine but there is no response when clicking the play button on other sounds. Going to go try Chimp & See, it has video and sound.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

Sound was working on Chimp & See, still not working here.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

I have the same problem: cannot play the audio for the past 24hrs. Was OK prior to yesterday.

Default_user
over 2 years ago

And the same here (Windows 7 Professional, Firefox 45.0.01).

The tutorial sound played. Not so in the classable sounds - I press the play icon and get no sound.

However, the field guide sounds will play.

Please Log In to make comments.