science

discussion

Anyone actually finding any bats?

Default_user
over 5 years ago

I find that about 1 in 70 have bat calls in them. I don't know what is going on but all i find is the "like a car alarm" insect. I would like to know how others are going, thanks

Default_user
over 5 years ago

Hi nishantkhisty and welcome to Bat Detective. Overall, there will be more clips containing mechanical noise and/or insect calls, which I believe was expected. However, there also appears to be quite a generous helping of bat calls, possibly far more than initially expected! It may just be that you haven't come across these clips as yet.

Having said that, 1 bat call in 70 clips does seem a bit low to me. It could be that because of the random way we are each served up these clips, you may just be experiencing a very low number of clips containing bats.

One other thing to be aware of is that there is quite a bit of variation in bat calls (as well as insect calls and mechanical noise). Some bat calls may be obscured by other sounds or, are very faint both visually and audibly so, could potentially go unnoticed.

If you have anything you are unsure on at any time, don't hesitate to post a message on the forum so that others can offer their opinions and do their best to help.

Default_user
over 5 years ago

Hi, nishankhity @live.com.au. Welcome to Bats detective. Roughly, there is 5% of bats calls among clips (based upon 29000 clips)

Please Log In to make comments.